Want to do a lot for the environment, yet save costs without sacrificing convenience and design? A passive house with KÖMMERLING InVitra makes this possible. When fitted with the upgrade technology proEnergyTec, the modern window system exhibits a thermal insulation value Uf of 0.96 W/(m²K), fulfilling the high energy saving requirements for passive houses as defined in the ift guideline WA 15/2.
KÖMMERLING InVitra is a compact, six chamber centre seal system with 70 mm construction depth. The offset design of straight lines and the slim profile sight lines allow the optimal amount of light in and provide higher solar energy gains. Three layers of sealing and the centre seal also guarantee high protection against driving rain, imperviousness to wind, and excellent sound insulation.
In the passive house version, the frame profile is filled with the new pre-foaming technology proEnergyTec. When combined with additional insulator inserts, this system efficiently achieves passive house suitability as defined in the ift guideline WA 15/2. Uf value = 0.96 W/(m²K). Foaming makes exclusive use of eco-friendly agents, and the foam and PVC-U can be separated cleanly from each other for recycling purposes. Loads from heavy glazing weights are transferred reliably through the central steel reinforcement.
This system also sets an example from the ecological viewpoint – The KÖMMERLING brand was the first key producer in the world to manufacture profiles not only with regrinds in virgin window PVC-U, but also exclusively with lead-free PVC with “green” stabilisers based on calcium and zinc. This guarantees that those who use KÖMMERLING products are also working to protect the environment.
- Highly insulating six-chamber centre seal system with 70 mm construction depth and proEnergyTec technology in the frame profile.
- Passive house suitability as defined under the ift guideline WA-15/2 – Uf value = 0.96 W/(m²K).
- Straight, recessed design with slim profile sight lines allowing the greatest amount of light in and achieving higher solar energy gains.
- Three sealing levels and central seal also guarantee high protection against driving rain and optimal imperviousness to wind.
- Reliable load transfer from heavy glazing weights to the central steel reinforcement.
- Wide glazing range of 20–52 mm for installation of modern triple and special functional glazing.
- A wide range of colour schemes thanks to an extensive laminate colour range of woodgrains, plain colours, and metallics.
- All PVC-U profiles are produced with lead-free stabilisers based on calcium and zinc.