Rating windows, outside doors, and facades according to this guideline means that these structural elements are ideal for use in a passive house. KÖMMERLING 88plus in the passive house Dr. Feist variant fulfills these conditions with Uf values of 0.79 at the bottom and 0.80 W/(m²K) at the sides and top. With 44 mm thermal insulation glazing and SwispacerV – Ug = 0.7 W/(m²K) – the Uw value is 0.80 W/(m²K).
Exceptional demands for extreme thermal insulation have had a strong influence on the design of window profiles, especially for passive houses. With the latest window technology, modern design and sophisticated construction, diverging requirements have been brought in line with each other.
KÖMMERLING 88plus is a new generation of PVC-U window profiles with sophisticated insulation technology and high construction depths with slim window profiles. Or put in other words: an elegant look, ideal proportions, and efficient solar gains. Never before have such beautiful and perfect windows been built for passive houses. In future therefore, the look of a passive house will be marked by extremely slim profile sight lines – a new era has dawned.
This system also sets an example from the ecological viewpoint – The KÖMMERLING brand was the first key producer in the world to manufacture profiles not only with regrinds in virgin window PVC-U, but also exclusively with lead-free PVC with “green” stabilisers based on calcium and zinc. Fully recyclable – polystyrene insulating material can be removed. This guarantees that those who use KÖMMERLING products are also working to protect the environment.
- Certified as a passive house compatible component by Dr. Feist – Uf value ≤ 0.8 W/(m²K).
- The “Position 1” bonding technology does away with the steel reinforcement, instead allowing for special thermal insulation parts of polystyrene.
- Enhanced thermal insulation through additional, special thermal insulation parts of polystyrene in frame, sash, and glazing bead.
- Triple thermal insulation glazing 4–16–4–16–4 mm with inert gas and "warm edge” connector.
- Slim window profiles allowing the greatest amount of light in and providing high solar energy gains.
- High warping and torsion resistance owing to force-transmitting composite glue between window sash and glazing.
- Floor-to-ceiling window walls – sash doors up to 2.5 m high.
- Fully recyclable – polystyrene insulating material can be removed.
- All PVC-U profiles are produced with lead-free stabilisers based on calcium and zinc.