Rating windows, outside doors, and facades according to this guideline means that these structural elements are ideal for use in a passive house. KÖMMERLING 88plus in the passive house WA 15/2 variant fulfills these conditions with a Uf value of 0.96 W/(m²K). With 44 mm thermal insulation glazing and Chromatech Ultra spacer – Ug = 0.6 W/(m²K) – the Uw value is 0.80 W/(m²K).
KÖMMERLING 88plus is a new generation of PVC-U window profiles with the intelligent insulation technology proEnergyTec and high construction depths with slim profile sight lines. Architectural advantage: an elegant look, ideal proportions, and efficient solar gains. Windows for passive houses cannot be built to greater beauty or perfection.
proEnergyTec is a new technology for PVC-U profiles, pre-foamed with trendsetting thermal insulation. This version presents frame and sash profiles fitted with a steel reinforcement. The sash profile is additionally foamed with proEnergyTec and so fulfills the passive house standard set down in the ift guideline WA 15/2. This version can also be manufactured with colour window elements.
This system also sets an example from the ecological viewpoint – The KÖMMERLING brand was the first key producer in the world to manufacture profiles not only with regrinds in virgin window PVC-U, but also exclusively with lead-free PVC with “green” stabilisers based on calcium and zinc.
Foaming makes exclusive use of eco-friendly agents, and the foam and PVC-U can be separated cleanly from each other for recycling purposes. This guarantees that those who use KÖMMERLING products are also working to protect the environment.
- Highly insulating thermo centre seal system with 88 mm construction depth and proEnergyTec technology in the sash profile.
- Passive house suitability as defined under the ift guideline WA-15/2 – Uf value = 0.96 W/(m²K)
Uw value ≤ 0.8 W/(m²K).
- Straight, recessed design with slim profile sight lines allowing the greatest amount of light in and achieving high solar energy gains.
- Thermal insulation glazing 44 mm with Chromatech Ultra spacer – Ug value = 0.6 W/(m²K).
- Reliable load transfer from heavy glazing weights to the central steel reinforcement.
- Load bearing hardware screwed through two profile webs, special guide lobes, and the steel reinforcement.
- Foaming makes exclusive use of eco-friendly agents, and the foam and PVC can be separated cleanly from each other for recycling purposes.
- All PVC-U profiles are produced with lead-free stabilisers based on calcium and zinc.